Congregations Acting to Renew Earth’s Sustainability
A Project for Faith Communities in Boston, Cambridge and Somerville
The more you save on your energy bills at home,
the more your house of worship earns for energy upgrades.
For energy saving actions you take at home, CARES donates to your house of worship:
- $50 for each free Mass Save home energy assessment.
- $100 for each Solar Hot Water system installed - and you get a matching $100 discount.
- $300 for each Solar Electric system installed - and you get a matching $300 discount.
- Your house of worship can earn thousands of dollars for important energy upgrades.
- Pinpoint the best ways your house of worship can SAVE MONEY and LOWER ITS CARBON FOOTPRINT;
- Show your congregation how to access programs that will pay for up to 70% of energy upgrades;
- Help your congregation raise funds to cover the rest;
- Assist lower income congregants to get no-cost weatherization services and home heating fuel assistance - see left sidebar for more information;
- Teach congregants energy savings skills they can use at home;
- Train your congregation on how to form a Creation-Care Team or mobilize your community.
To become a congregation that CARES contact: Vince Maraventano, Executive Director of MIP&L at vince@MIPandL.org or 617-244-0755.
For more information and frequently asked questions (FAQs) please see left sidebar.